Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tagged by Ashley!!

K so I actually dont mind doing these and I love reading other peoples blog when they get tagged so if you like doing these then do it but I still am going to be tagging people. Haha! Watch out!! But this tag is about...well you will just have to read it. Enjoy!!!

1. Where did I meet my husband?
My now bro-in-law but at the time was dating Kelyn, set us up on a blind date. So we met at my apt. before we went out.

2.What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Hi its nice to meet you. I think. (my husband is informing me that I said "I have heard so much about you!") He is such a goof:)

3. Where was your first date?
Our first date was fun and kinda romantic. Usually for a first date I would be like are you kidding me but I seriouly was already falling for this guy that I knew for maybe an hour. But he went to Korea on his mission so we went to Takamatsu, a korean resturaunt, and it wasnt bad. Of course I stayed pretty safe with what I got:) Then we went to the Hyatt in Scottsdale to ride the Gondalas(sp). We had blankets wrapped around us and there was a guy singing while we rode. This is the romantic part. But I didnt mind, all I kept thinking was I want to hold his hand and cuddle. Then we went to a young single adult party but it was dumb so we went back to my apt. with some people and watched Hercules. What a fun night I still remember it like it was yesterday.

4.Where was your first kiss?
Well this is the funny part. He lived in Snowflake and just came down on weekends so during the week we would just talk on the phone for literally hours just getting to know each other. So when he came back the next weekend after our first date the weekend before, he came and picked me up and when we were leaving my apt. complex we were at a stopsign and we looked at eachother and he leaned over and kissed me. But it was so quick. He told me he had never been this nervous to kiss a girl. He actually kissed girls on the first date. I was special you see!! haha. But I still laugh about that to this day. All of our other kisses were great though:)

5. Did you have a long or short engagement?
Well our first date was Nov. 8th of 2003 and the week after Thanksgiving we were engaged. Hey if its right its right so why wait and have lots of temptation:) is my question. Then we were married in Feb. So pretty short!!!

6. Where did you get engaged?
He took me back to the Hyatt in Scottsdale, our first date, and took me on the Gondala and proposed to me. We then went to my fav. restaraunt Olive Garden and the waitress was already telling me my ring was beautiful. I was on cloud 9!!!!!

7. Where were you married?
In the Mesa, AZ temple. It was fabulous!

8. How did the reception go?
It was fabulous. There were so many people there mostly because we had a double reception. My sister Kelyn and her husband Spencer(the one that set me and Dusty up) got married the day after us and then we had a double reception. We were standing in line for so long. We didnt get to eat any of our food. But it was beautiful!!

9. How was the honeymoon?
Well since we were doing the double reception thing, Dusty and I got married on a Thurs. and the reception wasnt until Fri. so after we were married we had all day which was kinda weird. Funny thing is I was terrified for the honeymoon part. We just stayed at a really nice hotel in Scottsdale because the next day we had to be back to the temple for my sisters wedding and then I had to go get my hair done again for the reception. It was quite the weekend. We just stayed in that hotel till Sun. and then Dusty was starting a new job that he had to be to on Mon. I keep telling him we deserve an actual honeymoon. But it was still very nice!!

Hope you all enjoyed my novel haha!!! But now the fun part! I now tag Megan Morris, Katie Marie, Kim Carroll, and Kari Stock. I best be seeing it on your blog soon:) You love me!!!!

11 comments:

dan and ashley said...

i love these too! it's so fun to hear about the days back then! and now you have 2 kids- almost! i remember your reception- it was nuts!

dan and ashley said...

i love your comment about not going crazy for my new, one and only REAL niece! are you nuts- i went crazy for your shower and this one's blood- it's over! i'm in trouble! this little girl's guna be hooked up!
about lunch- we'll have to pick yet another day! let's get kari and go on a monday when i don't have work.. BEFORE this baby! sound good? sorry for texting you

RegaNater said...

I've never been to a double reception, but it sounds so cool. How nice for your parents to just kill two birds with one stone. (that phrase really doesn't go well with the subject of weddings, but I can't think of another way to say it haha)

Shums said...

you are a crack up! love your stories!

Katie and Aaron said...

.... you are SO busted! :).....

Andrea said...

ok this is probably going to sound really random but I remember all of that because i was one of your roomates at the time. i saw your blog on amanda's and i got so excited. i'm glad everything to going well for you. i have a blog too so check it out sometime. i just got started so give me time to catch up. DRE (millertime04.blogspot.com)

Jake and Lynn said...

Brittney!!!Hey of course I remember you, you are so funny:) I'm so glad that you are reading those books. When Jake first bought them for me I was like: Vampires? Sounds pretty lame! But after reading a few pages I was hooked. Your baby's stuff looks super cute!!! I can't wait to find out what I'm having I just want to get started on buying baby things!!! When is your due date? Your family looks great, thanks for finding me!!!

dan and ashley said...

girl- do you know how many bows that Wii could have bought?! jk my mom and dad are looking to get one! she's funny.. she'll never play it but fun for us i guess!! how you feelin??

Emily Lauren said...

It sounds like your shower was so fun and you got some way cute stuff- love the bedding.
Do you guys have a name picked out for your little one?
Isn't it so fun and weird at the same time knowing you have a little one inside you but having NO idea what they're going to look like. Then seeing them for the first time is the best! She's going to be so cute, I'm sure.
I've been super busy with school starting and everything but I haven't forgotten about lunch:) We'll have to go out still. Or, if it would be better, I could bring you dinner after your baby comes. . . Where are you guys living again?

dan and ashley said...

don't do anything crazy! she'll come when heavenly father is ready to send her! i know- i haven't had the pregnant experience yet! my cuz did my background so i have no clue!

Kayci Ayers said...

I confess- I've been blog-stalking you for a least a month now... I just never left a comment! I have really enjoyed peeking in at your adorable family from time to time!