Friday, October 30, 2009

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dusty got the letter yesterday and he got ACCEPTED to the ISU BSN program here!!! He starts January 11th and we couldnt be more happy!!! We have been so beyond blessed since moving here and I am so greatful that we listened to the spirit and moved here on complete Faith!!! We live in a beautiful house and are in a great ward Dusty has a great job and he is now on his way to becoming an RN and we are finally seeing the light at the end of the LOOONNGGG tunnel that we have been on!!!!! I am so greatful for Dusty and the amazing husband and father he is!!! He keeps me laughing 24/7 and I LOVE it! He is so good to me and the kids even when sometimes we arent back:) I am so greatful that he is a worthy Priesthood holder and follows the Spirit like he did!! He sure did not want to move here at all but did because he knew it was the right thing to do and the right thing for our family! I love him SO much!!! Yes it is getting really cold here but I honestly am still loving it!!! I love bundling up and drinking hot chocolate and wearing cute winter clothes! I found some boots in a magazine that are so flipping cute that are reg. $124.99 and they are on sale for $29.99 and I am so getting them cuz I can here especially when it snows! I have been so happy here and cant wait to see what the future brings us! We just may stay here forever:) haha! No I dont know about that but who knows...Maybe:) Well sorry I havent updated in a long time honestly now that I have a facebook I put everything on there so I neglect my blog ALOT!!! I hadnt even looked at blogs for forever and finally just did and found like 5 new people going private! I am so glad I looked when I did or I would have missed out! Sheesh! Well things here are going great Brayton is loving pre-school and they just did their Halloween parade yesterday which was so cute! He is Batman:) He is slowly learning his letters, colors, and numbers. He is a great brother to Raylee even though she is a BUTT to him! He is such a great helper to me too! I am so happy that he is my little boy and cant wait to see what he grows up to be:) Everyone in our new ward and people that we meet they all tell me he is going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up! I am not kidding! I hear it ALL the time so we will see:)! Now Raylee is a different story! She can be the sweetest thing one minute and then a total BRAT the next! I dont know where she got that from:) haha! But she screams at the top of her lungs about a million times a day just to be a pill and she pinches Brayton if she doesnt get what she wants! This little girl is driving me up the wall and I dont know what to do with her! Sometimes I want to cry cuz I dont know what to do! She is in time out ALOT every day but could care less! When she screams I pop her mouth and she wont do it for a while but then I think she forgets and screams again and the cycle continues! Then there are times like tonight that she is being such a pill and instead of crying or yelling at her I just started laughing and seriously couldnt stop!!! I think it was Heavenly Father's way of keeping my cool!:) But then in those moments that she is being so sweet and loving I look at her beautiful big brown eyes and just wander how I could ever get mad at her! I love her so much even though I wish she was more like Brayton in a way:) She keeps me on my toes! Now that we have an up and a downstairs I literally have to be where she is because I am not even kidding she is in to EVERYTHING!!!! I thought this was supposed to stop at the 2 age mark?! Nope I was dead wrong!!!! Sometimes if I cant be upstairs when she wants to be I now have to LOCK my room and the bathroom so she doesnt go in there and majorly ruin or mess with things! She is lucky she is so cute and that I love her so much because I would have traded her in a LONG time ago:) haha! Well I am done venting about this little girl if any of you have had similar situations like mine please tell me of what you have done to try and help the situation!!! Thanks so much!!! Everyone have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

5 comments:

The Richins Family said...

Congrats to dusty and your family. i bet it is nice being close to family again. You said you wanted tips or advice about what to do with your daughter. I have the same issue with my daughter. She is now 5 but still has issues everyday. I know there is a big age difference in my girl and yours. However, find something she doesn't like you doing for her and when she acts out more then the limited amount for the day (that you give or can handle) then her consequence is that you get to do something for her that she doesn't like. For example, brooklyn hates it when i pick out her complete wardrobe because she doesn't get a say in it at all. So if she makes us late for school or wherever we are going by not obeying and throwing a huge tantrum, i get to pick out her clothes the next day and she has to wear them. If i am more pissed off then usual i sometimes extend the punishment and say something like i get to pick out your clothes for the rest of the week and you will grounded from so and so's house. that always does the trick for me.
When she was younger, i would set aside some quality time that her and i spent together like painting our nails, doing our hair, watching her favorite movie, reading books, etc. but when she would throw and huge tantrum she would loose them. best of luck. it is hard and gets harder the older they grow, it just changes because they can talk back and actually understand what they are saying.
i have too asked for advice and the best advice i recieved was to stand your ground and never let up not even once because if you do then she will never learn. sounds like you have a stubborn child like i do.

CASSIE said...

CONGRATS!!! That is soo exciting!

Unknown said...

So where in the world did you go? Can't wait to hear! Congrats on the job! Sure do love and miss you! We need to seriously get together sometime! Tell your family I love them so much! Tell your dad we are having to go through the same things we did before with this new baby girl and remember him dearly. We love him so much and will never forget his sweet tender words and love!

Brittney said...

To Keith I feel horrible saying this but could u remind me who u are? I'm so sorry but I am drawing a blank! Thanks so much!:)

Shaun and April Payne said...

Congrats to Dusty and you guys! Hope you guys are doing well in Idaho!