So it has been an extremely crazy past couple weeks! We had Raylee's graduation, kids getting out of school and having parties with friends, saying goodbye to our friends, packing and trying to get ready for a big move, and of course one week before moving our car completely stops working and we had to get it towed to my friends shop to get it fixed and we found out we needed a co-signer for our student loans again this year 2 weeks before tuition is supposed to be taken out. (It is Friday, and tuition is supposed to be taken out on Monday and we still don't have the money to pay for that or our money we need to live on for the next 3 months). Are we a little stressed you ask? Um...YEP!:) Well, we packed our apt up and put it in a storage unit in AZ and started our what we thought would be short journey to see Dusty's family in snowflake and continue on to Plainview, Texas for Dusty's first rotation for school. We stopped in Snowflake because it was Dusty's grandpa's 80th birthday and his family threw him a fabulous Kentucky Derby birthday party! We definitely wanted to be there! Also, we wanted to spend some time with his mom before we moved. It was a great time... Well, except for when we had just barely gotten to Dusty's moms house and we were unloading the cars of our stuff and the kids thought it would be fun and a good idea to jump off a 5 foot rock wall in the backyard. I told them NO WAY! Someone was going to get hurt and they needed to stop! About 5 min after I had told them to stop, Brayton comes running in the house freaking out saying he hurt his wrist and couldn't move it. Awesome. So 30 min after we had arrived to Snowflake we were on our way to the ER in Showlow. 2 hours later and sure enough he fractured it. A buckle fracture to be exact. So they had to splint it and he had to keep his arm in a sling. Of course this would happen just 4 days before we were literally on the road to TX and they tell us he has to get it re x-rayed from a week when it happened and of course by then we would be in TX with no insurance to help cover costs, and moving to a place we have never been to and having to find somewhere to take him. Stressed? um...YEP!
*Here's our cute apt in Glendale getting all packed up
*Brayton in the ER. His face in this first pic is hilarious!
*Some of the great grand kids singing Happy Birthday to Grandpa Hancock!
*Dusty and Brayton helping Patti with her yard work in the back yard. Dusty is wearing his dad's hat that his dad used to wear while he worked in the yard:) Using just one arm to do yard work didn't slow Brayton down. Love these boys!
Onward to our TX adventure! We were finally on our way to TX and we were all kind of excited because we had never been to TX before and we were going to see some of our friends and stay the night there and also see my sisters Brittanie and Kensi and our cousins! Everything was good. So we thought.
As we were driving to TX, Dusty calls me and asks me if I wanted to hear some bad news. I of course say no but to tell me anyways. He then tells me we no longer get to go back to AZ for our 2nd and 3rd rotation like we had planned. We are instead going to McAllen, TX for our 2nd and 3rd rotation. Border of Mexico. Somewhere I was praying we wouldn't have to go. Yes I bawled. Yes I was SOOO mad. Yes I wanted to say a few choice words to Dusty's school. Yes I had an extremely bad attitude about it. All of our stuff is waiting for us to come back to AZ in August. All of my friends were waiting for us to come back in August. But we aren't going back. I now have no idea what we are going to do with out all our stuff. I have no idea what we are going to do about a school for my kids for those 6 months we are there. I have no want to be there.
As I was trying to not be ok about it, I kept feeling like it was going to be ok.
The more I talked to Dusty about it and why our rotations were even changed, the better I was feeling. Also, my friend whose place we stayed at our first night in TX, had great advice for me because they too had to go to McAllen for one of their rotations. She was able to help me not feel so sad and frustrated and told me she really liked their ward there and would give me people's numbers to contact so we can hopefully find a place to live and find some instant friends so we don't feel scared and alone.
I know things happen for a reason even if we can't quite see what that reason is at the time. But even though we are going through SO many things right now that I think we can't quite possibly handle, we really actually can. Especially with our Heavenly Father helping and guiding and comforting us along the way. Even through these extremely difficult trials, we are not being forgotten by Him. And I am truly grateful for that. I know I can't see the future but He can and I am sure He has great things in store for us.
*This is when we had finally gotten to our friends' house after a long emotional drive and the kids were so excited to play with their friends they hadn't seen in a long time. Raylee came around the corner riding this way too small tricycle and princess dress up shoes. I died laughing! Of course Dusty had to photobomb the pic:) Seriously Raylee's smile is borderline creepy!! haha
So after we stayed the night at our friends house, we packed our cars up again and headed the rest of the way to Plainview. It was only like a 40 min drive. We definitely were not expecting how old the town looks and we definitely were not expecting how awful Dusty's one bedroom apt was going to be. My heart is so sad that he has to stay here for 2 1/2 months. This place was built in the 1970's and it definitely looks it. Who knows if the carpet has ever been replaced since it was first put in. Who knows how long it's been since it has really been cleaned. We had to go buy new blinds for the bedroom because they wouldn't even close. I had to clean out the fridge and freezer because it wasn't even clean. The stove top metal things where the food or water drips when you are cooking was SO black that it was giving off the most disgusting smell so we took those out and replaced them with new ones. The faucet sink was broken and had to be fixed. None of us will walk around bare foot. We all have socks on at all times. When the AC is on, it sounds like a lawn mower is on in our house. The shower had dead ants in it. And I had to kill 2 cockroaches that were in the apt last night while Dusty was at Walmart for the 3rd time that day. I didn't get hardly any sleep because we are sleeping on an air mattress and I thought for sure bugs were going to be crawling all over me. I also am scared to death to take a shower because I am afraid of whats going to come out of the drain. I'm pretty sure I sound like the biggest snob in the world. I am not trying to be. I honestly have just never have had to live in these kinds of circumstances. I will say though that I am EXTREMELY grateful that I have never had to live like this. We have never been rich but we have always had it really good. And I am grateful for that! This definitely has been a major humbling experience and I will definitely be A LOT more grateful for what we have in the future! I will say that I am very grateful that this isn't a permanent thing. It's very temporary. Plus Dusty will be gone pretty much all day every day working at the hospital getting to do something he has been dreaming to do for the past 7ish years!:) He is so excited but very nervous! I don't blame him though. I would be too! haha.
*Here is the apt. There are 3 apartments connected in this building and there are 3 rows of buildings like this one. Dusty's apt is in the middle.
*Another huge blessing: our friends whose house we stayed the night at before we came to Plainview, he is a CRNA at the hospital Dusty will be working at, he knows an Orthopedic Dr. that he called and told him our situation about Brayton's wrist and that we had to get it looked at but we don't have insurance and not a whole lot of money and the Dr. told him to have us come right in and he would help us out. Boy did he! We had to pay for the initial visit, which thank goodness we had that, but the X-ray and casting Brayton's arm he did not charge us for!!! We couldn't stop thanking him! He told us Brayton has to come back in for a check up in 3 weeks and if its healed he will get the cast off! Just in time to go to Rexburg! We are praying it will be healed by then! He also said he wouldn't charge us for that visit as well. Also we found out that he is in our Branch Presidency! Yes I said Branch and not Ward. haha. That will be interesting:)
Brayton's lime green cast! And you better believe I wrote on it! What does it say you might ask? Well it says "NEXT TIME LISTEN TO YOUR MOM. LOVE MOM" Mean? Maybe. Hilarious? YEP!!!
This all might not sound stressful to some of you but to us it has been very trying and we kept feeling like nothing was going to go right at all. But inspite of everything we are going through I know we are still being very blessed and Heavenly Father is aware of us and things will be ok. Even if we don't think that quite yet;) Now let's just pray that we get our student loan money to pay for tuition and our money that we need to live on, TODAY!!!!!
K, I'm done. Bye!:)








No comments:
Post a Comment