Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Almost a month!

It's hard to believe that we moved to TX a month ago on Friday! And it's almost been a month since Dusty started his first rotation! 2 1/2 of those weeks the kids and I were in Aledo, TX visiting my sister Brittanie and her family. It was so much fun! The kids had a blast playing with their cousins 24/7:) Yes there were some arguments that ensued but over all it was such a great time! I loved getting to spend some one on one time with my sister who I hardly ever get to see. We did so many fun things and I am SO mad we didn't take more pictures while we were there! We went to a water park and rode super fun slides and swam in the wave pool. The kids put on multiple musicals for us with songs by Frozen and Backstreet Boys:) So cute and funny! Britt and I were able to go on a couple girls nights which were much needed and so fun! Our other sister Kensi and her family came and visited a couple times and we went and visited her in Denton, TX and swam at Brett's aunts pool. We went to some fun parks to let the kids play and get their energy out:) The kids had movie nights and we even went to a drive in to see How to train your dragon 2. Cute movie by the way! We went to a cute splash pad and met up with quite a few of Britt's friends and the kids had a blast. And we went to Britt's friends house to swim which was awesome! Their backyard was ginormous and so green and beautiful! It was kind of a bummer because all of the swim stuff we did, Brayton couldn't really participate because of his dang cast. We tried covering it with a plastic bag but it still got wet. Thankfully he only had it on for 3 weeks and got it off almost a week ago! He finally got to go swimming last Friday and loved it!:) I've decided casts are NO fun!! haha. Here are some pics of our fun time at Britt's!

This was on my drive in to Britt's neighborhood! SO gorgeous!


This kid drove me nuts at how many times he got hurt. This was after he crashed on his cousins bike.


We chopped Britt's hair! SO cute! I am so mad we didn't take a pic after I colored it. lame. 


When Kensi and her family came to visit we did tin foil dinners and they were SO good. This is a lame pic I know because no one knew I was taking this pic (except Nathan) but I had to document it:) Britt's face is hilarious and she has a towel on her head because we had just washed the color out of her hair.

This is my sweet nephew Abel! I love him SO much! He is the sweetest and smiliest baby!:)

At a super fun park! The kids had a blast! 






The kids in their costumes for their plays:) Yes they even made a program. See below.



 Brayton had dropped out but at the last minute wanted back in so he was Christoff not Anika:)

This was at Kensi and Brett's aunts house when we went swimming. Brayton loved holding Abel.

At the drive ins! We had so much fun! I hadn't been to a drive in in years. And I'm not sure my kids had ever been to one.



At Brittanie's friends house swimming. This pic doesn't even come close to showing how HUGE the yard is! But look at those beautiful trees in the background!

These 2 cute girls {Raylee and Keslie} were attached at the hip while we were in Aledo. I loved that they became such great friends! They dressed up all the time hence the pic below and they danced and sang and played with their babies the whole time we were there. It made me so happy.

This is probably so dumb to be posting but I really don't care:) When I was at Brittanie's she had a lot of books that she has made from her blog and so I wanted to look through them. I came across this picture that I don't think I had ever seen and if I had then it's been many years since I have seen it. But when I saw it, first I couldn't believe how little we all were. Baylie who I am holding I think was 2, is now 14. That's super crazy to think about. Then I couldn't stop staring at myself. Yes that sounds weird but it's true. I know I was young but I couldn't help but think where did this girl go? Yes I am 12 years older than I was in the pic, have had 2 kids and one miscarriage, been married for 10 years and I'm almost the dreaded age of 30. AAAHHH!!! hahaha After looking at this picture for a while I decided that I probably won't ever look like my 17 year old self ever again but I want to try:) I need to be focusing on myself a little bit more than I have been. I need myself to know that I am worth it and that I need to be a lot more healthy than I am right now. I need to be working out not just to look good again but to be in shape and  to just be healthy and when my kids want me to run around with them or play some kind of sport or whatever, I will have the energy and stamina to do that with them! I want to feel good about myself again. I know I can do it but it seriously takes a lot of time and hard work and my middle name is lazy:) I have started and stopped SO many times and I am SO sick of it! I'm not sure what will help me to keep going but I am going to try for the billionth time! ha Anyways, this is super random I know but I wanted to put this on here and write out my thoughts and maybe this will hold me accountable. I will have this pic to look at to remind myself of my goals and where I want to be:) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Getting together with family is the best :D We need to catch up sometime!

xoxo Jennifer