


look at these potatoes!!! My sister Alyssa brought them home from working the spud harvest in Idaho. The farmers in ID hire kids to come help them with their potato pickin'! My sister and my brother Joseph were able to go work the harvest this year and they really liked it. Well we just got back from being there for almost 2 weeks and we were able to go see my sister Alyssa work. It was so flipping cool to see what they do. But my sister would find these weird or cool looking potatoes and bring them home. Well if you look at the top pic and look to the right, you will see part of a deer's foot. EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! She even brought that home to show the family. But we saw the crops that the potatoes were in until they were dug up by a tractor and then a truck would follow behind for the potatoes to be thrown in and then the truck would bring the potatoes to where my sister worked and put the potatoes on conveyor belts and my sister would have to pick out the bad potatoes, sticks, dirt clods or weird looking ones:) and they only have like a 2 week period to do this so they are working everyday if the weather is good for like 15-20hrs A DAY!!!!!! They made pretty good money doing this so that is a plus. Well my sisters boss showed us the cellars that they put the potatoes in which is huge by the way and then he took us in like this little tunnel thing in the cellar and took us to some stairs to go up and we were able to climb all the way to the top, 17ft high, and see the very top of the potatoes and even walk on them. It was so freaking cool. This one farmer had like 8 or 9 cellars and they filled them all. There are like millions in just one!!! It was ALOT of potatoes. The crazy thing is there isnt just one farmer doing all the potatoes. My brother worked for another farmer that had just as many cellars and there were more farmers we saw driving around. So there were a FREAKING ton of potatoes. So thats where they get there name The SPUD HEADS!!!! haha So then they keep the potatoes in these cellars till like April or something like that and then they sell them everywhere in the US. Crazy huh? I might have some of this wrong or not enough but oh well hopefully you get the idea of it.
10 comments:
My little Maeley was sitting near the computer while I was reading your blog. When she saw the pictures of the potatoes she said, "look mom poop". I thought it was just too funny. Sounds like you had a great time.
Those are freaky lookin!
I am laughing becaucse My son was sitting here with me too and when he saw the potatoes he said, "ew, someone pooped on the floor" Arn't kids hilarious! Everything is poop!
Your kids are so dang cute! Raylee lookds just like YOU!! (lucky girl)
Her hair is way cute! how fun!! I want girl hair to play with!!:)
That's so fun, I love Idaho. I miss visiting, we no longer have any family there to stay with. Anyway, I hope you guys had a lot of fun, and everyone is well.
Crazy....LoVe the heart ones!
Those are so awesome!! I would definitely buy the heart shaped ones if they sold them...they are so cool.
Those potatoes are awesome! What a fun job they had!
Those are some CRAZY spuds! haha thats funny. I totally do have your lip stuff from my wedding... I can either mail them to you or I can bring them back when we visit for Thanksgiving. You chose! Your kids are adorable!
Those are great. It cracks me up to think of the things we find so amusing.
Did you know that Alaska has this fun potatoe festival every year at about this time!? They even have competitions for the weirdest looking potatoes. I think yours would have won. I think that they're kindof like clouds... you know you look at them and say A Boat! A heart! Mashed potatoes. hee hee. Get it? MASHED POTATOES?? :)
Post a Comment