Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My poor Raylee!!!!


My poor little baby!!! About 2 1/2 weeks ago Ray had an ear infection so we got her on an antibiotic well 7 days later she was still complaining about her ear so I took her back to the dr and sure enough she still had the infection so the dr put her on a stronger antibiotic and said just be careful cuz it will give her bad diarrhea! I was like great but was gearing up for lots of laundry:) well no diarrhea but today she just broke out in these hives all over her body!! Back to the dr we went just to make sure! Poor thing can not stop itching so we have been giving her benadryl!! My poor girl can't catch a break!! Has anybody else gone through this? If so what else could we do to stop the itching! The benadryl doesn't seem to be working all that great! Hopefully this goes away and SOON!!!!

7 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

Hydrocortozone cream or they now make a benadryl cream as well. I don't know how to spell either of those, but oh well. :) I got both of those at Walgreens. Good luck!

Matt and Megan said...

Poor Baby!! Welcome back to the blogging world!! LOVE the new shoes!! That is my Birthday gift we just have not gone out to get them yet! Can't wait to see you!!

Nicole said...

I went to school with Dusty. Sorry to hear about your kid! I suffer from hives here and there. My doctor always gives me a steroid - but they probably don't want to do that with her being so young. The other thing I do is take oatmeal baths (Aveeno Oatmeal packets) and also use the pink Calomine lotion. Don't use the clear stuff because it doesn't stick nor work. Pink is messy but the best. She'll feel better pronto after those!!!

Ashley Reno said...

I totally recommend the Aveeno oatmeal bath-you can find it just in a body wash/bubble bath in the baby section at walmart. There is a lotion that we follow with after the bath. Made by aveeno too. I can't think of what it is. Anyway, Brynlee has had a terrible rash but nobody knows what it is. It has been itching so bad Brynlee is making herself bleed. It breaks my heart that our kids are rashy. I feel so helpless. :(

Erin said...

Poor girl... that exact same thing happened to Kayben! Nothing seem to work except Itch-X and Benadryl Anti Itch Spray extra strength!

Shaun and April Payne said...

Hi Brittney! Haven't talked to you in a long time, but I saw your comment on my blog and thought I would send you a message too. I check your blog often to see what you guys are up to. Hope all is well in Idaho. Poor Raylee, did she get rid of this rash okay??? Hope so. You have such a cute fam!

Paola said...

This is probably way too late...but there is this SPRAY on benadryll cream that works WONDERS! It saved me when I got crazy awful shingles my senior year.