Thursday, November 6, 2008

Texting Be-Gone:(

I know not all of you have my cell number but those that do, can't text me anymore:( Dusty and I both got rid of our texting to cut down on our phone bill. And boy did it cut down ALOT! So if you need to talk to me you will just have to call me or you can even email me. Sorry for posting it on my blog but I didnt want to call everyone that I text. That would take a while:)

2 comments:

CASSIE said...

We (I) did the same thing..so sad! Anyway-- Drew and I were talking over dinner last night about the fastest and cheapest way to get through nursing and to a CRNA program- thought I would share it with you.

#1) Get accepted into ANY community college Nursing program you can (AA in nursing/2 year program)-- there are TONS to choose from down here.
REASONS:
- WAY cheaper than ASU (unless you have a fullride Scholorship of course!)
- Easier to get accepted into.
- FASTER!-- will explain later..
- Once your in a maricopa community college-- you can usually transfer to another school once you have started the program. example- we lived in Florence (Johnson Ranch) when Drew got accepted into Scottsdale Community College's Nursing Program...FAR, I know!! But-he accepted- attended a semester there- then transfered to MCC's Nursing Program to have a shorter distance to drive! Thats why I say ANY Nursing Program...
- Graduate from with AA in Nursing.

#2) Get a job in the ICU at ANY hospital you can!!! They prefer Trauma1/Hearts etx..but just get into an ICU department...again-- once your in...you can always TRANSFER to another hospital-just get hired on ICU!! (Pretty much all school want at least 1 or 2 years ICU exp)-- so get started in the ICU asap upon graduation!

#3) While working fulltime/getting paid fulltime....get your BSN (bachelors in nursing) through either U of P or Grand Canyon University...MOST hospitals will PAY 100% to get your BSN. (Drew is finishing up at GCU and we haven't paid a cent!) That way-- you can have your One or Two years experience in the ICU by the time you have graduated with your BSN. (This is where the fastest part comes in)- while working- take "extra" training courses that the hospital pays for so your application will look better to CRNA schools)
Take GRE and CCRN if possibe in the meantime.

#4) Apply to a CRNA program and HOPE for the Best!! (Most programs are about 2 years long b/c they are Master's program.

Getting your AA in Nursing first, then working WHILE getting your BSN cuts off about 2 years in length--

I sure hope that NOVEL made sense (if not-let me know)...again- we'll help in anyway we can! Good luck!-- Cassie

Trina said...

hey brit, i want those halloween pics you have! so cute! e-mail them to me when you get a chance, kay!