So Brayton seriously loves to go potty on the toilet. But I dont know if I am wanting to really start potty training especially right now with a little baby. But he always says "potty on toilet" and I will take him and he actually goes everytime. The only thing is, is that he wont go #2 (too much info sorry) I dont think he understands that part. But if anyone has any kind of advice for me on what I should do to really get this going that would be awesome. I am afraid this will pass if I dont do something about it now. A couple days ago we had him go all day with no diaper on and he did awesome. He always told me when he needed to go or we always asked him if he needed to go and he would. But when we went trick or treating we put a diaper on and thats when he went #2. So what do I do?!?! Thanks for whoever is reading and going to comment. This is a very weird and random post I know but I just want to know what I should do and what worked for any of you. Thanks so much!
P.S. This is totally off the subject but when I was signing in to post this it shows that I have posted 101 posts. Crazy huh? haha I am a goof. Bye.
7 comments:
That is really funny because Vance was doing the exact same thing and then all of the suddden, he started going #2! You sound like me... I feel too lazy to want to potty train him all the way, but he really wants to! It is such a big commitment! I say, don't push it... It will come!
Obviously I haven't potty trained any of my own kids but I used to work with autistic children and I potty trained a lot of them....he is definitely ready and capable since he is asking so go for it now while he is interested because if you wait too long he will not care and then it's a lot harder. Every child I potty trained didn't want to go #2 on the toilet but keep encouraging and it will come. That is completely normal. I gave rewards for going #2 and it helped a lot.
Hi sis! He sounds just like Anika used to! Looks like he's good and ready to get started! Potty training isn't something you should push on them when they aren't ready - but when they are it actually ends up not being as hard as you expect! Go get him his big boy undies and get a fun treat (we did skittles and gummi bears) and every time he goes give him a treat! They love that. And don't worry too much about the #2 thing. Anika has been potty trained for a long time but it was only a few months ago that she finally started doing it in the toilet consistently and quit needing a pull-up at night. Anyway - I don't know if any of this is making sense! Call me if you want to talk about it! Love you and good luck!
Congrats on the potty training! Ok this is weird but Cambria is totally oppisit. She will only go #2 on the potty but not pee. So I think that our kids should hang out and maybe they will teach each other what they know :)
Hey it sounds like you have your hands full, but if he seems ready go for it and support him. The only suggestion I have though is to not force him to do it. They will NOT do it until they are ready. The other thing is, if you start potty training so it all the way. And lastly, only use real underwear! I never used pull ups with Ammon and he trained pretty quickly. It tends to be a little more work, but I think that pull ups are too much like diapers so they get confused. Good Luck Britt!
Hi friend. I already looks like you have great advice so I'll keep mine short and sweet. NEVER get upset at him when he as an accident, always encourage. And treats, treats, treats after every time he gos. Take him to the store and let him pick out a bigger prize, Tucker got a Spiderman back pack, for when he actually goes poop!
Hi friend. I already looks like you have great advice so I'll keep mine short and sweet. NEVER get upset at him when he as an accident, always encourage. And treats, treats, treats after every time he gos. Take him to the store and let him pick out a bigger prize, Tucker got a Spiderman back pack, for when he actually goes poop!
Post a Comment