Friday, August 1, 2008

Tyson update and Advice PLEASE!!!!

Well my dad just called me and told me that Tyson passed away today. His family is doing ok. They are happy but sad. Happy that he finally doesnt have to live with his sick little body but sad because of course their son, cousin, grand child, and nephew is gone. You know here I sit being extremely mad at Brayton because he didnt take a nap today and he got 2 spankings and then some yelling at and he still didnt care and kept getting out of his bed and just playing. This is a first for his naps. At night time we lay him down at 9pm and he doesnt go to bed till like 10:30pm and gets out and just plays. It just really frustrates me. So last night he didnt go to bed till 11pm and then woke up at 7am and then didnt take a nap today and I am about to RIP his head off. sometimes being a mom is so flipping frustrating and then here I get this call that someone just lost their son and here I am yelling at mine and wishing I wasnt a mom. How horrible am I?!?! I should be so greatful that I have my son and he is healthy! But it really is hard being a mom!!!!!! I just dont know what to do honestly. I have no patience what so ever and I dont know how to get better. But I just wanted to update about Tyson. But also want advice on how to deal with my almost 3 yr. old and his absolutely no listening to me and Dusty. We have tried everything and nothing works with this kid!!! GRRRRR!!!!! Sorry to complain in such a sad post.

12 comments:

laurice. said...

First off I am so sorry for your family.... Second don’t be so hard on yourself....all mom’s have days like this! I don’t have any great advice but I was watching supper nanny and I am going to try her advice. She says to have a separate chair or something that the kids can sit on that’s only for “time out” and that the child should be in time out for 1 minute for every year of their age. When their little you have to sit with them but on the show it works after a little while so I am going out to Texas on Monday and buying a “time out chair”. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Stock Family said...

Sorry to hear about the loss. But it is good to know that he is in a better place. We've been having issues like that with Slade too! His bedtime is 8pm but he doesn't like his bed or he's scared of something and doesn't fall asleep until much later. We are very persistant with putting him right back in bed and I will usually sing him a few primary songs to help him calm down. As for time-out, we put a chair in the middle of the kitchen and he has to sit there for a few minutes. We make it sound aweful and he never wants to sit there! I was reading the Ensign for this month and there are articles about parenting that might be really helpful and comforting. You should read it!Being a mom is the hardest job there is. Don't be hard on yourself! Give yourself a timeout to breathe and maybe a good cry will help :) Good luck!

Stefani said...

Britt- I am so sorry for your family. Even when you know Death is a release for that person and even with an eternal perspective....it doesnt make it any easier for the people that are left behind! Let me know if you need anything! On the other issue....just remember that everyone has bad days...or even bad weeks or whatever and it will pass and there will be worse things and better things...as for naps. most kids stop taking naps around 2 ish unless they have a very tiring day. even if he stays up late...he really might not be tired. id go for quite time. if he needs a nap, he will fall asleep. if not, he will be out of your hair and give you a break too (well maybe :P) just keep goin! your a great mom! love ya

Stefani said...

he he....where is spell check when you need it....i meant quiet time.

Susan said...

Brittney:

i'm a former customer of yours...are you still cutting hair in AZ? can't believe you now have 2 kids!! thanks!

Brittney said...

Hey Susan I dont know how to get a hold of you than just do this. I hope you get it. But email me at brittlee_hatch@hotmail.com

Terin said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Death sometimes can be such a bittersweet thing like you said. Aren't we glad that we have the gospel. And as for parenting a 3 year old may I make one recommendation. Read "Christlike Parenting". It changed my life! It really is an extraordinary book. That is just a thought. Good luck!

Emily Lauren said...

Sad for Tyson's family and friends. Even knowing he's happier and in a better place it is hard knowing you wont see him for a while :( I'm sorry.
About Brayton's sleeping, I just read a book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It's a really good book by a doctor and top researcher in children and sleep. He's REALLY smart. Anyway, his whole theory is that naughty kids are often times just over tired. Anatomically, when kids get tired they're adrenaline kicks in and gives them a boost- that's why they cant go to sleep and get hyper. He is a big proponent of early bed times- I know my sister in law (who read this book) puts her 5 year old down at like 7:30/8 and she sleeps till 7:30/8. But that often doesn't work for everyone's schedule. Maybe try an earlier bedtime? Also, if you want the book I can let you borrow it, or I'm sure they have it at any bookstore. Good luck. . .
Also, I still haven't called to get dusty to do our carpets. This summer has been busy but I still want them done. Is he still wanting work?

Trina said...

Brittney, I posted some advice about naptime on my mommy blog. But dido to what everyone else said. don't beat yourself up, your allowed to feel that being the mom is hard. Your right! We ALL have those days where we don't want to be the mom anymore. That's when it's important to take some other advice on my mommy blog (take time for yourslef) or something like that. hope you find it helpful!

Barnes Blog said...

I am so happy for Tyson, and sad for his family.
Nap time and sleeping. Take the toys out of his room. What I have learned with Calvin is I can't get mad at him and yell, I have to be calm and very mater-of-fact, I have to make sure he knows that I mean business. I put him down and if he gets out I tell him nap time Calvy, and put him back into bed with a kiss, if he does it again I say nap time and put him in bed, if he does it again I don't say anything to him, I just pick him up and put him back in bed. He eventually gets the idea that no matter how many times he gets up he ends up back in bed, so he might as well just stay there. I learn a lot of sollutions fromwatching Nanny 911 and take home Nanny. seriously their stuff works. Good luck. I toally feel for you, it is frustrating and super hard, and most of the time not very rewarding, just make it through those days until the great ones come, becase they will.

Barnes Blog said...

Sorry for a second comment. I wanted to make sure you had a bed time routine. We bathe, dress for bed, brush teeth, kneel for prayers and read scriptures. I say kneel because he feels so big and cool when he kneels for prayer, if you don't do it already, he might really like it.
A bed time routine really works because they know that once the story is over it is time to sleep. I would not recomend giving a bottle or sippy for bed, because for ever they will not be able to sleep without, and it'll be et another habbit that will make bed time hard, especially when you want to break it. Patience is hard, but don't be hard on yourself, try it one day, and if you lose your patience try again the next day. I love you woman, life is hard, espeacially mommy life.

Brittanie said...

Hi sister! You know me - I'm always full of advice. Call me up whenever! I love love love you!! Kiss those kiddos for me!!